We are so delighted to announce auditions for our upcoming production Latte by Sarah Fahy. This production is a site-specific performance that will be performed at The Secret Garden Cafe.
We’ve all done it, eavesdropping. You’re in a café, the couple at the next table, what is their relationship? First date? Related? Colleagues? This exciting new play by Sarah Fahy shows you a sneak peek into the lives of other cafe customers while they sip their lattes. It is a slice of life in contemporary Ireland exploring many modern issues. We are such complicated beings, two regular individuals having a coffee may not be what they seem!
- Aoife – Female, 20’s – 40’s. Waitress in cafe, headstrong.
- Jillian – Female, 40’s. Bubbly, estranged mother of Sophia
- Sophia- Female 30’s. Reserved, estranged daughter of Jillian
- Tom – Male, 20’s – 40’s. Chatty and friendly.
- Dee – Female, 20’s – 40’s. Feisty
- Will – Male, 30’s – 40’s. Quiet and sensitive. Joe’s best friend
- Joe – Male, 30’s – 40’s. Funny. Will’s best friend
- This show is produced by Eva’s Echo Theatre Company and directed by Hazel Doolan.
- This is currently a profit-share production but we are applying for funding.
- Auditions take place at NUIG from 10am – 5pm on April 20th.
- Rehearsals will take place at NUIG beginning on April 30th and continuing until the show.
- The final rehearsal schedule is confirmed and agreed upon once casting is completed. This is to enable actors with other work commitments to audition on equal ground.
- Each team member is required to sign a contract and agree to Eva’s Echo’s code of conduct. This is to ensure each team member is entitled to the agreed fee, is protected against work-place bullying, and receives credit for their work.
- The show will take place at the Secret Garden on June 4th & 5th at 7.30pm.
Audition Sign Up
Update: Audition Slots are now full.
Please complete the form below to be added to the waiting list. If you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com or through our socials @evasecho.