Auditions were completed on August 6th 2021.
We are so delighted to announce auditions for our upcoming production It’s True I Love You All So Much by Jenni Nikinmaa. This production is a piece of digital theatre, this makes casting especially exciting as anyone with decent WIFI, a webcam and a mic can apply from anywhere in the world.
It’s True I Love You All So Much is a new and innovative piece of interactive digital theatre. The audience watching is in front of their screens, disconnected from each other and disconnected from the performance, performer, and the stage, which are the same thing, the screen. The audience is part of the process, the part that is watching how self-harm and madness perform themselves. The audience engages several times throughout the performance via completing surveys, attending zoom calls and clicking on animations that progress the performance. The performance explores family dynamics, self harm, mental health and love through text that is both blunt and poetic in its delivery.
We are looking for actors and voice actors of
- Any gender
- Any ethnicity
- Any age
- Any level of experience
One actor will need to be available for filming on August 30th at the Town Hall Theatre Galway. All other roles will be rehearsed and presented entirely remotely.
- Performer A
- Performer B
- The Black Hole
- Voice of Grandmother
- Voice of Chorus
- Voice of Guardians
- This show is produced by Eva’s Echo Theatre Company
- This is currently a profit share production.
- Auditions take place via zoom on Tuesday August 3rd between 12pm and 6pm.
- Rehearsals will take place between August 16th and September 27th online.
- The final rehearsal schedule is confirmed and agreed upon once casting is completed. This is to enable actors with other work commitments to audition on equal ground.
- Each team member is required to sign a contract and agree to Eva’s Echo’s code of conduct. This is to ensure each team member is entitled to the agreed fee, is protected against work place bullying and receives credit for their work.
- The show will take place online at 8pm from September 30th – October 2nd.